With These Words

If tonight you find
yourself unable to sleep,
lying awake in bed,
watching the shadows sweep
across the ceiling with each car
whose headlights pass
by the open window,

if tomorrow you find
yourself … lost, for a moment,
stopped and still in the kitchen,
at the mailbox, at the front door,
with tears in your eyes
and you can’t quite say why,

if you find your heart racing,
this morning, if you find
your hands trembling,
my prayer for you is this:

That the Lord would take
your hand in His,
that He would put
His hand over your heart,
that He would wipe away
all your tears, that He
would quiet your restless mind

in the times when you feel
most alone and abandoned,
that He would still
your quivering spirit
with these words, whispered to
and imprinted on your very soul.

I love you.
You are not alone.
You are not forgotten.
You are my precious child. 

I made you. 

How could I ever forget you?

Amen.

Isaiah 44:21

Comments