Trust Fall

Lord, I listen for You
in the silence,

in that place so still
a whisper seems like a roar,

in that place so quiet
that I wince and cringe
with each step I take,

because I can hear
each fragile blade of grass
shatter like glass beneath my feet.

For I know, Lord
that no matter how
fierce the storm
that swirls around me,

no matter how dark the shadows
that creep upon me,

no matter how
intense the fire,
or how deep the water,
I will find You, Lord

in that silence.
I will close my eyes.
I will shut my ears.
I will lift my hands

and fall backwards
into Your embrace,

because I trust You, Lord.
My times are in Your hand.

O Lord, let Your face
shine upon me.

Save me now
with Your endless mercy.

Amen

Psalm 31:14-16

Comments

  1. This sounds so good. But now I’m trying hard to filter the sounds coming from a group of people on TV that don’t always tell me God’s word.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment