Restoration


It is now
in this time,
in this early spring,
that the earth takes
a deep breath and wakes
finally to the sun.

It is now
in this time,
that I give thanks
to You, O Lord.

For I know that You live.

I know that You live
that Your breath,
Your Holy Spirit
touches all things
and restores all things.

I watch the brown,
gray branches of the trees,
part and split open with all things green,
with new life, with ripening buds
that are living promises and living hope

and I know that You, Lord
are the Great Restorer
and You Lord will restore us.
You will bring us up again
from the depths of the earth,
from the darkest, richest soil.

You will restore us.
You will comfort us.
You will bring us new life.

Winter sometimes lingers, Lord,
and darkness seems to settle in,
but we know that You live,
and that You are the Everlasting Gardener,
who breathes new life into all of creation.

Amen.

Psalm 71:20-21

Comments