Rising

I was delayed this morning by a doctor's appointment and so by the time I reached church, the birds were gone and the wind was blowing.  It was hot and it tested my faith that good pictures were still to be had.

Ironically, it was this flower that provided me the biggest surprise, as I stood in front of it, blocking the wind.  We expect beauty in flowers that have reached full bloom, but it was this flower, only half way there, that provided unexpected beauty.  Its half bloom showed a hidden star, completely unseen in full bloom.

We think of stars mostly in Advent as we think of a certain star that announced the birth of Christ.
But I think of stars during Easter too.  I think of the play of words .. sun ... and son.  And I think of our own rising star on Easter morning.




Comments