Old Friends

I've reached a point now where I consider the osprey and the hawk and the other birds and squirrels and rabbits I see every day to be friends.  It brought the biggest smile to my face this morning when I saw the osprey on his perch.

Last Sunday during the church service, there was a hawk crying so loudly that I was tempted, in the middle of the service, to walk to the doors, swing them wide open and yell, "I will be right there!  Now chill out!"

The hawk was out again this morning.  And I followed his cry to a tree where the mourning doves like to gather.  There was one sitting on a vine that had grown in such a way, the bird seemed to be swinging. 

The hawk watched me over his shoulder and waited for me to take my pictures and by the time I walked around to get a shot of him from the front, he was gone, flying soundlessly across the church and into the trees on the other side of the parking lot.

Joyous.  Beautiful.  God's grace abounds.  I am blessed every morning.


Comments