Mother's Day

Just the other day the newspaper reported on a pair of hawks in the northern part of the county who were so aggressively defending their nest that people living in the area had to walk from their houses to their car wearing bike helmets to protect their heads from hawk talons.

I've been very thankful that my two hawks at Hope, Navarre and Isabeau, have not struck out at me even though we've been as close as thirty feet from each other.

This morning, Mother's Day morning, I spotted Isabeau in the nest. I see Navarre most often sparring with the mockingbirds. Isabeau rarely makes an appearance and I have to take it on faith that she's still there and the eggs are all right.

It was good to see her this morning. Another two-three weeks and I'm hoping to see some baby hawks.




Comments