Finding Hope

This morning, the Florida Today newspaper printed an article about my journey, about my life before my illness, about having an autoimmune disorder and about the happiness, purpose and strength I have found in coming to Hope Episcopal Church every day.

I started thinking about how much my life has changed in the past four years and I wondered what would happen if I could send this newspaper article back in time five years to my younger self.  How would I respond?

I can see my younger self saying, “Wait … what … I’m going to study to be a priest?”

And then, “Wait, I’m going to get really sick?”

“I’m going to have to leave teaching?”

And in my mind’s eye, I can see my younger self reading even more of the article, coming to the spot about Hope and the peace I have found there and I can see her look up at me and say, “Where is Hope?  I need to start looking now.”

It is never too early to start looking for hope.  Right now your life may be fine, but struggles come to each of us in different ways.  And how helpful it would be to have hope waiting for you when you get there.



Comments