Thanksgiving

It was so cold this morning that when I got home from taking my pictures at church, I had to run my hands under warm water so the pain would stop.

And yet it was so worth it.

I've always said there is something special about cold days.  The air is crisp, but also thin and clear.  Everything seems brighter and more in focus.

It was beautiful this morning.

The tree limb that broke the other night was still there, jagged and crooked, leaves spilling like a fountain on the ground, but as I walked around it, a bird shot out from the leaves just in front of my feet and I laughed.

The birds don't care where the tree is, whether it's touching the sky or the ground.  They only care for the tree itself.

It was a magical morning, almost too bright, so bright that as I walked facing the sun, I had to do so in surrender, hands in the air, to avoid being blinded.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy this day.

This is the day that the Lord has made.



Comments